Welcome to the Exhibition Room!
This year we have a new format, but you are encouraged to enter the same way as you have always done. Ribbons will be awarded by Conventioneers (People’s Choice), the Convention Chairs, and Exhibition Chair.
The exhibition will be divided into three categories, and each category will be exhibited on a different day for a total of three days.
All items require pre-registration. The discounted deadline for entries is June 8, 2020. There is an early entry fee of $8.00 per item for entries received through June 8, 2020. Entries received after will be charged $10.00. Entries can be made at bconventions.com
Conventioneers may enter as many categories as they like.
Individuals, groups, or clubs may enter diorama categories. If a collaborative entry wins a ribbon/award, only one ribbon will be awarded for the entry.
Single dolls (creative) may not include a backdrop. The doll and the accessories/props he/she is holding are the only exceptions.
Diorama dimensions for this year are being relaxed. Mini Dioramas should not exceed 12” wide x 12” deep. There is no height restriction. Regular dioramas have no size restrictions this year.
Creative entries must be entirely the work of the conventioneer(s) who enters them with the exception of props used in dioramas and displays. All dolls used in the creative categories must be originally manufactured by Mattel.
All dolls must have sturdy stands and may not have extraneous accessories, unless the doll or outfit was accompanied by the said accessory.
8. To ensure security, all dolls, accessories, and props must be entered and removed by the pre-registered entrants only. Signatures will be required for drop off and pick up.
9. Placement of entries is solely at the discretion of the Exhibition Room Chair and his committee members. We request that entrants ensure their dolls/accessories are appropriately secured and positioned. Entries will not be handled once the entrant places them, but the Exhibition Chair may reposition entries if necessary. Please ensure that your entry is stable and secure.
10. The convention committee reserves the right to photograph and publish photographs of exhibition area and entries. All exhibition entries will be photographed by one of our convention photographers and award winners will be announced at one of the meal functions.
11. If the entrant cancels, withdraws or does not exhibit an entry, there will be no refund.
12. Awarding of ribbons and prizes for this convention will be based on votes cast by conventioneers. The Convention Committee reserves the right to refuse entries.
13. Please submit your entry form early and prior to the due date. We want to ensure a smooth event for all participants and volunteers.